Top 10 Recommended Experiences on Anguilla
Discover why Anguilla is the Caribbean’s best kept secret. Our destination insiders have rounded up exclusive experiences that you won’t find anywhere else – here are our top 10 recommended things to do in Anguilla right now.
1) For that special occasion, book a private dinner in Malliouhana’s poolside cabana. Indulge in a 4 course Chef’s tasting menu with wine pairings, served by your dedicated waiter and accompanied by an acoustic guitarist. Finish the night with gourmet S’mores and an aged Caribbean rum tasting by the firepit.
2) Visit Scilly Cay, a tiny spec of an island just off shore from the quaint fishing village of Island Harbour. Hail the boat and enjoy an afternoon relaxing in the sun, snorkeling and indulging in the most decadent lobster lunch to be found on Anguilla – washed down by owner Eudoxie “Gorgeous” Wallace’s famous (and rather lethal) rum punch!
3) Work up a sweat at “Big Joe’s” Beach Bootcamp on Mead’s Bay, or join General Manager, John Vasatka, and other island residents in their self-inflicted extreme beach workout!
4) Imbibe in the house specialty, Chilli-Passion Margarita, at the Sunset Bar at Malliouhana, THE best spot on the island to watch the sun go down. Or spend an afternoon with Albert Lake, Malliouhana’s resident Sommelier/Rummerlier, and let him recount his fascinating history with Malliouhana while learning about, and sampling, aged rums from around the Caribbean, or allow him to take you on a tour of Malliouhana’s iconic wine cellar.
5) Stroll down the white sands of Meads Bay at lunch time to neighboring Blanchard’s Beach Shack and enjoy a MBLT (Mahi BLT) at picnic tables nestled under the sea grape trees and celebrity people-watching during peak season.
6) Horseback ride along Cove Bay beach, overlooking St. Martin, at sunset or, for the early birds, (no pun intended), join Jackie’s eco tour and discover the many species of water birds that inhabit Anguilla’s wetlands.
7) Hike the Katouche trail and learn about indigenous plants and their traditional, household and medicinal uses. Explore ancient caves dating back to the days of the Amerindians, experience natural limestone formations and ancient sea-life fossils while learning about the history of the cave (including a now extinct bear like creature) from a local speleologist.
Special Summer Offer
Book 5 nights and receive 2 more nights on us, plus daily continental breakfast and more.
8) Take a day-sail aboard “Tradition”, a classic hand-crafted wooden schooner, one of the last of it’s kind. Enjoy the congenial hospitality of hosts Deb and Laurie for a truly memorable trip complete with gourmet lunch, free-flowing drinks and some of the best snorkeling on Anguilla at Little Bay. Breathtaking sunset included!
9) After dinner head over to local reggae legend Bankie Banx’s “Dune Preserve”. This beachside bar made of drift wood, wrecked sailing boats and seashells is about as mellow as it gets on the island, and the “Anguillian Bob Dylan”, as he’s come to be known, never fails to entertain.
10) Visit the Auberge Spa at Malliouhana and relax a-deux in a couples’ suite with a “Coconut Dream Duet” treatment. Sun-kissed Meads Bay sand, aromatic coconut and a hint of passion fruit are blended into therapeutic compresses that soothes tired muscles and provides deep relaxation. An aromatic coconut-passionfruit body massage rounds out the treatment to restore whole body well being.
Rates at Malliouhana have never been better – book now to take advantage of great summer promos!